Thursday, July 26, 2007

Review Posted at BookFox

Per request of my former classmate, the always clever BookFox, currently vacationing in South America, I have posted a review of Miranda July's first collection of short stories, No one belongs here more than you over at his website. Somehow, I also managed to reveal embarrassing details about my childhood in the process. The website for the book is interactive and pretty cool, you should check it out. Here is a picture of Miranda July.


Next week I will try and blog from New Mexico, where I will once again be attending the Glen Workshop.

4 comments:

JohnFox said...

Hey man, nice post. Miranda´s ridiculously good. Have a wonderful time at the workshop. Learn lots. And of course I´ll use BookFox to publicize the audio website when it comes out.

lowenkopf said...

I agree with John about the uniform wonderfulness of Miranda's stories. During my summer school gig at your alma mater, a student had the yellow-colored edition (me, too) and was suitably impressed. I recommended the collection to a buddy who's doing summer school at Univ of Canberra, and he has more than once emailed his appreciation and those of his students. Bottom line: Miranda rocks.

Hard to think of you on a pink bike.

Ms. Kate said...

That's a fun book. I read it in like three hours or something. I thought it got better towards the end-the first half felt a little bit fluffy. She also reminds me of Aimee Bender, though Bender is better I think. I loved the cover! And the website. Love how she incorporates many mediums into her ouvre (spell?). You know the word I mean.

Have fun in at the workshop, Brent!

The Orchard Christian Church said...

Hi Brent,
I read your complete profile, and I thought you might like to see mine- we are in Montebello.
http://TheOrchardChristianChurch.blogspot.com
Sincerely,
Matthew Perri